Windows 10 has two types of user accounts: Standard and Administrator. FarmLens must be installed on a Windows machine under an Administrator account. Some work-provided machines limit users to Standard accounts and FarmLens will not work on those machines.
Here's how to quickly find out if the account you're using is an Administrator or not in Windows 10:
- Click on the Start button, the Start Menu will pop up.
- Right-click the name (or icon, depending on the version Windows 10) of the current account, located at the top left part of the Start Menu, then click on Change account settings.
- The Settings window will pop up and under the name of the account if you see the word "Administrator" then it is an Administrator account.
Now if you're not using an Administrator account you will first need to log into an Administrator Account and then continuing with these steps on the Settings window (these options are not available if you're using a Standard account):
- Click on Other users (or Family & other people, if you're running the latest version 1607 of Windows 10)
- Click on the name of an account that you want to change
- Click on Change account type and pick the type you want.
- Click OK.
If you can't change your account type please contact your technical staff to assist you.
Article based on content from CNET.