There may be a bug with the detection of your Android device. To troubleshoot, restart FL-Uploader on your PC. Unplug your Android device, close all applications, and restart the Android device. The reasoning for this is that Tower sometimes does not write the telemetry log until after the application has closed.
Once you have restarted FL-Uploader, you should see a black Android indicator at the bottom of FL-Uploader:
If the indicator is green and you don't have your Android device connected, then you may have some external storage device that is making the software think you have something connected, just disconnect (temporarily) any USB Flash drives, external hard drives, etc. Now connect your Android device. If the indicator goes green, then the telemetry logs were properly copied over. You can confirm this by opening the "Folder Containing Flight Log Files" under the Settings tab.
If the indicator is red, then there might be an issue with the detection of your android device. Hover the mouse pointer over the Android indicator in this case and it will provide additional help, for example: be sure to unlock your Android device, etc.
I did all of this and it's still not working, what now?
What we'll be doing is copying the telemetry logs one time off your device and sending an email to email@example.com with details that will help us debug the problem in the future. If on step 2 you don't see your device be sure you set your Android Device to MTP.
- To begin open File Explorer (Press the Windows key + 'E' or search "File Explorer")
- Click on your device on the left hand side, then double-click "Internal Storage":
- You will then see a bunch of folders. Double click "Android" -> "data" -> "org.droidplanner.services.android" -> "files" -> "tlogs" -> "org.droidplanner.android" this is the folder path that FL-Uploader searches for.
- You should see something similar to this:
If you don't see a bunch of telemetry logs at the path you followed above then that means either they haven't been written or they are in a different location. If they haven't been written then you can solve that problem by restarting the device, etc., as stated above.
If the telemetry logs still aren't there after a device restart, the application may be storing your telemetry logs in the memory card. Back in step 2 above, you will want to double click any other devices and repeat the steps. Eventually you should arrive at the folder containing the telemetry logs. To help us fix this problem in the future, let us know the item you double clicked in step 2 (either a screenshot or by name) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below we'll detail how to move the telemetry logs to your computer so that they can be found by FarmLens Upload in the interim:
- Highlight all of the telemetry logs either by clicking on a log then pressing "Ctrl+A" or clicking on the first log in the list, then scrolling to the bottom of the list and holding "Shift+Click" and click the last item.
- Copy them by right click or Ctrl+C
- Start FL-Uploader
- Click "Settings" at the top then click "Open" below the lbael "Folder Containing Flight Log Files"
- File explorer will open up, at the top there should be an option to "Paste" or if you click on the window and press "Ctrl+V" this will paste the files over to the folder
- You should now be able to run FL-Uploader as usual.
Please sign in to leave a comment.