The drone will fly a precise survey pattern, typically a series of switchbacks, like a lawnmower pattern. As it flies, the drone carries a camera taking pictures of the field below at a regular interval. Afterwards, the pictures are stitched together into one giant image of the field.
Articles in this section
- What is a Colorized Reflectance Map?
- Using DJI GS Pro to Plan Agricultural Survey Missions
- How does an aerial drone survey work?
- How do I do a survey with my drone?
- What kind of drone do I need for surveys?
- What type of camera do I need for a survey?
- How long does it take to do a survey?
- What type of parameters make a good survey flight plan?
- What are the best conditions for an aerial drone survey?
- How can I get the highest resolution possible?