You can upload your images to FarmLens two ways:
1) Use FarmLens Uploader, the FarmLens desktop client. This can be downloaded for free from the FarmLens 'Downloads' menu. FL-Uploader will format, compress, and then upload your image sets to FarmLens. It does all the grunt work so you don’t have to.
FL-Uploader will only work if your drone has a 3DR Pixhawk or APM flight controller and you maintain a telemetry connection throughout the flight using the Mission Planner or Tower ground control programs (available for Windows and Android operating systems respectively).
For instruction on using FL-Uploader, first download, install, and sign into the program. Then, open the ‘Help’ tab.
2) Upload the photos directly to FarmLens When signed into FarmLens, simply click the ‘UPLOAD’ button, then browse and select the folder containing your imagery.
- Your camera must have a non-distortion lens. A wide angle lens will cause problems when stitching images together.
- For our more advanced products, NDVI Field Health and Management Zone maps, your survey must be done with an NIR camera. There are many NIR cameras on the market, including one from Agribotix. Contact email@example.com for information on our cameras.
- There must be 80% overlap between photos (side to side and front to back). Any given point on the ground should appear about ten times throughout the photo set.
- Photos must be taken orthogonal to the ground (straight down)
- There cannot be any moving objects in the field during your survey flight. Our software uses stationary reference points to stitch images together, so any reference point that is moving will invalidate your results. Moving cloud shadows are a common problem.
- We cannot process .rar files.
- All images must be geotagged.
- Exclude any images that you do not want stitched, such as images before and after your drone flies the survey pattern.
- Compress all images from one survey into a single zip folder. Only include ONE SURVEY per zip folder.
- Upload to FarmLens using the ‘Upload’ button on the website.