We welcome uploads from many different drone cameras and will do our best to process what you send us. We have found that a camera meeting the following specifications will collect the best data:
- GPS written to the images – If you are using a drone based on the 3DR Pixhawk controller, then you may be able to use a non-GPS enabled camera, and then use our FarmLens Uploader software to tag the photos with their location. Otherwise we need the GPS written to the images.
- 400 ISO
- Non-distortion lens – No fish eye (e.g. GoPro style) lens
- NIR filter (optional). This is required to produce the NIR Field Map, NDVI Field Health Map, and Management Zone Report. You can buy purpose built cameras or modify many cameras yourself.
- At least a 2 second time-lapse interval
- Ability to lock in exposures so they won’t vary over this flight
You can also purchase pre-configured cameras, purpose built for agricultural drones. We currently support the following ag specific cameras:
- MapIR – Survey 2 Red/NIR
- Sentera – Single NDVI
We are constantly adding new cameras, so if you have a question, please ask us at email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.