First, you need to plan the survey flight, then the flight plan to the drone’s autopilot. If using a 3DR flight controller this can be done through programs like Mission Planner or Tower. At your field, mount the camera on the drone, activate the camera, launch the drone and put it in the proper mode to execute the survey pattern. Once finished, the pictures from the camera must be combined into one.
Articles in this section
- What is a Colorized Reflectance Map?
- Using DJI GS Pro to Plan Agricultural Survey Missions
- How does an aerial drone survey work?
- How do I do a survey with my drone?
- What kind of drone do I need for surveys?
- What type of camera do I need for a survey?
- How long does it take to do a survey?
- What type of parameters make a good survey flight plan?
- What are the best conditions for an aerial drone survey?
- How can I get the highest resolution possible?