The FAA couldn’t have made the process of registration any easier. The cost is only $5, and you can get it knocked out in about 5 minutes.
- Go to the FAA drone registration website.
- Create an account and choose the “Non-Model Aircraft” option.
- Select “Add UAS.”
- Use the Agribotix airframe number as the serial number.
- Enter your credit card information. Only $5 and it’s good for 3 years.
- Your certificate number will be emailed to you. You could be asked by an FAA official to produce this document in the field, so keep a copy in your drone case. I also keep an electronic version on my smartphone.
- Affix your certificate number (FAxxxx) on your drone. It can be on the outside or anywhere that can be accessed without tools, such as inside the battery compartment.