Users can request an exemption for many of the Part 107 regulations. For agricultural users, probably the only rule that is onerous is VLOS. As of October 2016, the FAA has only granted one VLOS waiver. Since it wasn’t to Agribotix, we don’t know how complicated the process is. However, there is an FAA web site to submit the request. Allow at least 90 days.
Articles in this section
- Is it possible to obtain a waiver from the FAA to fly beyond visual line of sight?
- What do I need to know to pass the FAA drone knowledge test?
- How do I register my drone with the FAA?
- Brief summary of FAA Part 107 rules
- Is it legal for me to use a drone for agriculture surveys?
- Can I fly my drone commercially?
- What kind of support can Agribotix give me for commercial drone surveys?