This article will explain how to add Scout Markers in FarmLens. Scout Markers allow you to place a pin on the map at a precise GPS position along with a photo and a note. Scout Markers are excellent tools for ground truthing and allow one person to quickly collect ground truth information and present it in an easy to view and act on format on any mobile device or computer.
1. Choose the location and flight you would like to add Scout Markers to in Map View on FarmLens.
2. Tap on the Scout Marker icon to create a new marker.
3. Tap on the map in the location to add the Scout Marker. Note: the Marker can be moved after it is placed.
4. Next you may type a note and add a photo.
5. Tap 'Save' to save the Scout Marker to the current flight and location.
6. The Scout Marker is now created and will automatically appear on the map view interface. Tap on the marker to expand and view notes and images.
7. The Scout Marker, notes, and photo will also be automatically inserted into the Digital Scouting Report. However, after creating a new Scout Marker the Digital Scouting Report will need to be re-generated, this can be done by simply clicking on the button on the Flight Downloads page.
8. The Scout Markers will then be listed on the associated Digital Scouting Report.